If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Applying false eyelashes yourself can seem like a daunting process and going to the salon to get it done is even more daunting because it is expensive. Now though, you don’t have to stress because we spoke to celebrity makeup artist, Jamie Greenberg, exclusiveabout how you can easily and effectively apply eyelashes yourself.
Jamie shared that her false lash recommendation is Younique Moodstruck Magnetic Lashes because they “transform your lashes for a comfortable, customizable fit that works for any eye shape and size with worry-free wear for up to 10 hours.” You can follow Jamie’s exact 10 steps below:
1. “Bend the band of your magnetic lashes gently to shape them to your eye shape. If they are too long, cut them so that the tape is flush with the next magnet.
2. “Curl your natural lashes.
3. “Apply a magnetic eyeliner to your lash line and let it dry for 2–3 minutes. Tip: Keep your eyes closed while the liner dries to prevent any transfer.
4. “Apply the mascara of your choice to your natural lashes.
5. “Using a false eyelash applicator, first apply magnetic lashes to the inner corner of the eye, moving outwards. Try to keep it as close to the lash line as possible. Tip: To make application easier, look down into a mirror instead of straight.”
6. “Once you’re happy with the positioning of your false lashes, secure them by applying pressure to the top of the false lash and the bottom of your natural lash with the curved edge of the applicator.
7. “Blend your false lashes and natural lashes by combing them with the brush end of the false eyelash applicator.
8. “You can apply some of the included anchors for added lash security. To apply, pick up the anchor at the very tip of the lash with your lash applicator or finger, ensuring the lashes are curled upwards. Place anchor under natural lashes, align with magnets on false eyelash tape and click into position.
9. “Remove your magnetic lashes by slowly and gently pulling up the lash band with your lash applicator or fingers. Start at the outer corner of the lash band and work in.
10. “Keep your falsies in good shape and protect them from damage by cleaning them after each use and storing them in the supplied acrylic box.”